As the year wraps up, we're taking a look back at 2011: back in April we enjoyed the Social Media and Communities 2.0 conference in Boston, and June saw us at the Measure Up event, then the summer months saw us working on our redesign and in the fall we launched our rebranding as the "Digital Impact Blog."
In between social media and the digital marketing world continued to evolve. The world welcomed Google+, (and then debated its success) and the new social network was one of the top search terms of 2011. In addition we saw the introduction of Facebook's "Timeline" and the "new new" twitter just launched as well. Zynga's IPO today highlights the continued growth of social gaming. Let's look at the top viewed posts from this blog in 2011:
1. Stories of Social Media marketing success from Kraft, Unilever, Ubercool and more Thursday, February 17, 2011
Exploring some of the keynote sessions from the 2011 SocialC20 conference.
2. Does Your C-level Finally Get Social Media? Feb 1, 2011
A guest post by by Sasha Strauss, Managing Director & CEO, Innovation Protocol
3. and 4. #muconf11 Live: Day Two, Measuring the Marketing Mix Jun 7, 2011 and #muconf11 Live: Hot Topics and Prolific Twitterers Jun 6, 2011
These two popular posts featured content from our June Measure Up conference
5. The Social Future Wednesday, March 9, 2011
A guest post by BJ Emerson, Social Technology Officer at Tasti-D-Lite
6. Is Your Business A Social Business? Jun 13, 2011
Featuring one of our social media webinars Social Business: How to Create a Holistic Approach to Social Media with Alex Beauchamp, Senior New Media Manager, Citrix Online
7. Measure Up Podcast Series: Debjani Deb May 19, 2011
This episode of our Measure Up Podcast series featured speaker Debjani Deb of EmPower Research.
8.Social Media and Community Scorecard Examples Monday, February 28, 2011
This post featured generic social media scorecard examples to show how various companies are demonstrating their ROI
9. The State of Online Branded Communities Monday, January 24, 2011
A guest post by Kathy Baughman, Principal & Founder, ComBlu
10. Selecting a Primary Community Platform Part 1 Friday, January 21, 2011
A guest post by by Tim Albright, Director of Community Strategy at Jive Software (which incidently also just had their IPO recently.)
We'll certainly be looking forward to new developments in 2012, be it in the Mobile Marketing world, social or somewhere else. What are your predictions?