INDUSTRY ALERT: OFFICIAL CALL FOR PRESENTERS
The Institute for International Research (IIR) is currently seeking presenters for:
The Market Research Event …for Non-Research Leaders
November 12-14, 2012
Boca Raton Resort & Spa • Boca Raton, FL
We invite you to submit a proposal for a speaking opportunity directly to Amanda Powers, Conference Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Thursday, February 23, 2012 (see details below).
About the Event
The Market Research Event …for Non Research Leaders prepares the “non-market research” leader to understand market research as a business driver. The goal of the event is to bring together USERS of research for a “meeting of the minds” to discuss and debate the current and future value proposition of research and learn how to recognize debate, argue and discuss the opportunities, challenges, benefits, risks and real world applications of customer driven insights in making business decisions.
This is the first event to be designed around real-world issues leaders are facing today when using insights as a basis for decision making and the ALTERNERNATIVES to research as well. Our goal is to bring together a diversity of speakers across function, industry with unique points of view– those who are for and those who disregard research because they subscribe to the philosophy that the customer doesn’t know what it wants.
We are seeking both researchers and non-research leaders. Only corporate/client-side speakers will be considered. If you are a consultant or a solution/technology provider, please see contact details below for sponsorship/exhibit opportunities. Speakers receive FREE admission to the conference.
This is not your typical conference format. The format will feature big name keynotes including former Apple chief evangelist Guy Kawasaki, Nobel Prize winner Daniel Kahnem and Jonah Sachs, Author of Winning the Story Wars, followed by two interactive formats – Fishbowls and Conversation Panels.
We are looking for the following types of submissions:
- • Fishbowl Speakers: We are looking for fishbowl contributors to participate on a fishbowl panel.
- • Conversation Leaders: We are looking for you to share a 20 minute case study and lead a 20 minute interactive discussion amongst the group.
- • The Current and Future Value Proposition of Market Research
- • Intuition vs. Data: The Debate to be Consumer-Driven or Not
- • Methodology Assessment: Traditional vs. Emerging Methodologies
- • Knowing when and how to Challenge Research
- • Redesigning your relationship with vendors, suppliers and internal teams
- • Leveraging Research…You have a finding now what?
Topics include but aren’t limited to:
- • Traditional Research Methodologies: Benefits & Limitations
- • Incorporating New Research Methods into the Mix
- • Do It Yourself Research
- • Creating New Data vs. Data Integration and Mining
- • Does the data already exist?
- • Examples of using specific research methods. Choose one: Ethnography, Online Research, User Experience Testing, Neuroscience, Gamification, Social Media Listening, Mobile Research, Tracking Studies
- • Measurement & ROI
- • Evaluating Vendors & Proposals
- • Writing an RFP
If you are interested in sponsorship or exhibit opportunities please contact Jon Saxe, Senior Business Development Manager at email@example.com or 646.895.7467.
Call for Presenters:
For consideration, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information by Thursday, February 23, 2012:
- • Proposed speaker name(s), job title(s), and company name(s)
- • Which format you'd like to present
- • The main theme/topic you plan to address
- • A brief description about your point of view on the topic (3-4 sentences)
- • What the audience will gain or learn from your presentation (please list 3-5 deliverables)
Institute for International Research