Submit your proposal by email to email@example.com by Friday, January 25, 2013
Event Date: July 15-17, 2013 Location: Swissotel - Chicago, IL
INDUSTRY ALERT: OFFICIAL CALL FOR PRESENTERS
The Institute for International Research (IIR) is currently seeking corporate practitioner presenters for:
The Inaugural Strategic Selling SummitOptimizing the Path to Profit
Due to the high volume of submissions, we suggest you submit your proposal early and no later than Friday, January 25, 2013 to Rachel McDonald, Senior Conference Producer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only proposals from retail, brand and CPG corporate practitioners will be considered, for all other submissions please see sponsorship section below.
Every July in Chicago, key stakeholders within the shopper insights and shopper marketing ecosystem gather to connect with like-minded peers to share innovative stories, fresh insights and sure-fire successes at the Shopper Insights in Action Conference.
Responding to the growing value of shopper marketing, category leadership and merchandizing, this year we are thrilled to announce the Inaugural Strategic Selling Summit focusing on Optimizing the Path to Profit. Co-located with the Shopper Insights in Action Conference we are offering a one-stop shop for the entire customer-facing team. Stay-tuned for more event details on www.ShopperInsightsEvent.com.
With over 650 delegates, The Strategic Selling Summit will share keynotes, but will have its own dedicated tracks covering Shopper Marketing, Category Leadership, Analytics, Strategic Merchandising, and more.
We are currently seeking shopper marketing, merchandising, category and innovation practitioners to present case study examples that illustrate the implementation of the insight, technology that supports high impact activations, how to bring the activation to life at retail, and proven return on investment.
New Content Areas for the Strategic Selling Summit:
• Social Shopping
• High Impact Activations
• Mobile Innovations
• ROI & Measurement
• Proven Examples of How Shoppers Behave In-store
• Technology that Supports the Activation
• Collaboration Between Buyers & Shopper Marketers
• Virtual Shopping Case Studies
• Trends, Technology & Strategies Impacting Retail Environments
• Category Reinvention
• Retail Leadership
• Data Collection, Usage and Sharing
• Understanding the Mindset of the Always On Shopper
• Trends & Innovation Driving Shopper & Consumer Behavior
• Category Growth Strategies
• Aligning Shopper Marketing & Category Management Initiatives
• Strengthening Retail Partnerships
• Collaboration Practices for Category Growth
• Innovation in Private Brand & Brand Identity
We are also happy to consider other topics that you feel would add value and be appropriate.
Confirmed Keynote Speakers include:
• Andreas Weigend, Social Data Lab, Stanford University and Former Chief Scientist, Amazon.com
• Tim Dorgan, Vice President E-Merchandising, Peapod
• Doug Rauch, Former President, Trader Joe’s
• Jenn Lim, CEO, Delivering Happiness and Co-Creator, Zappos
• Phil McGee, Director, Director of Shopper Insights, Campbell Soup Company
• Jonah Berger, James G. Campbell Assistant Professor of Marketing, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania and Author, Contagious: Why Things Catch On
• Paul Zak, Neuroeconomist, Professor of Economics, Psychology and Management at Claremont Graduate University and Author, The Moral Molecule
Retailers, CPGs and Thought-Leaders already committed to participate include:
Red Bull North America, Heineken, Kraft, Coca-Cola, Nestlé, Jockey, Peapod, Mondelez, Kellogg Company, The Hershey Company, Barilla America, Saint Joseph's University, Campbell Soup, The Clorox Company, Indiana University's Kelley School of Business, Staples, Church & Dwight, The Home Depot, Merck, AOL, Unilever and many more…
If you would like to nominate a track session speaker or a main-stage keynote presenter, please email: email@example.com.
Corporate Practitioner Speakers receive complimentary admission to The Shopper Insights in Action Conference as well as The Strategic Selling Summit as well as any pre-conference activity such as workshops or symposium (a value over $8500).
Sponsorship & Exhibiting Opportunities:
What if I am not a corporate practitioner (from a client-side company) but still would like to participate?
More than 70% of our content will be delivered by corporate practitioners from retail, brand and CPG. If you are a consultant, market research firm or solution provider and wish to be a part of the program, please contact Jon Saxe, Senior Business Development Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 646-895-7467. We will customize opportunities to fit your needs from speaking, branding, networking and/or exhibiting.
How to Submit:
For proper consideration, please include the following information with your proposal:
• Proposed speaker name, job title, and company name
• Complete speaker contact information - address, telephone and e-mail
• Short biography of speaker (50-75 words max)
• Title of presentation (one-line, benefit oriented)
• Short summary of content to be delivered (no more than 75 words), followed by three bullet points of what audience members can expect to "take away" from the presentation
Tips/Guidelines to Consider:
• Sessions are 30-40 minutes in length, inclusive of time for Q&A
• Preference will be given to proposals that clearly illustrate the full insights to activation process
• Commercialism and self-promotion from the podium is strictly prohibited. Your presentation will be reviewed by a Content Review Board prior to the event and should you self-promote during the session, you will not be invited to return as a speaker.
• The conference audience consists of brand/CPG-side marketers, category leaders, retailers and thought-leaders responsible for implementation of the insight at retail. Your proposal must present new innovations and strategy, and how it will move the industry ahead.
• Travel and expenses are the responsibility of the speaker.
• If your proposal is accepted you agree that it has not and will not be presented at any other industry forum within one year. It is important that the content is new and not repurposed here or anywhere else.
Due to the high volume of proposals we receive, not every submission is selected. We rely heavily on three components:
• Content matches interest of audience.
• Compelling topic that showcases something new and exciting. It must show how to optimize the path to profitability.
• Speaker is able to provide details in the format of a case study or interactive session. This event is about sharing with members of your industry, so the speaker must be willing to showcase the "how-to" details.
Those selected will be notified no later than February 2013. Thank you for your interest in IIR’s Inaugural Strategic Selling Summit. Stay-tuned for more event details on www.ShopperInsightsEvent.com.