In the life sciences industry, multi-social marketing is new to most people. Many assume multi-social marketing is only about applying core creative elements across all communication channels — print, digital, online, and social media. But, it actually interlaces siloed channels and creates immersive experiences that align with the customer journey.
According to PharmaVoiceMulti-social marketing begins with storytelling - a powerful tool to connect and inspire action that goes beyond facts and data. Effective storytelling engages the emotions of customers and inspires them. The best multi-social marketing initiatives integrate campaigns and leverage best practices from all channels, including print, digital, and social media. The most successful initiatives focus on the needs of different customer segments at each point in their journeys through the channels they prefer. And, the final critical element is the creation of value for customers beyond the prescribed treatment - value beyond the treatment is what keeps customers engaged with a brand.
To develop a successful multi-social marketing campaign, you have to understand the customer experience. Dive deep to understand the interactions between physicians, patients, caregivers, nurses, pharmacists, and information sources. Once the customer experience is understood, the multi-social marketing experience strategy can be created. The process for developing a multi-social strategy includes:
- Discovery—Ask questions and gather data to understand current and future customer needs.
- Assessment— Understand and predict customer needs now and in the future.
- Market research— Confirm assumptions about unmet needs and predict behavior across all channels.
- Insights—Transform data through analysis into business intelligence.
- Short-term optimization—Develop plans to interact with customers that deliver what they need, when they need it, and how they want it.
- Long-term solutions—Apply the right resources (staff, processes, technology, content) to the work.
This piece was contributed by @AmandaCicc.