Shopper marketing sure isn’t what it used to be. The traditional retail environment has evolved into an omnichannel space with digital and mobile leading the way, and shopper marketers have no choice but to follow. Fortunately, OmniShopper 2015 is addressing this dramatic shift in shopper behavior and in turn, the shift in shopper marketing in Chicago this summer.
Here are 10 ways to be a better shopper marketer according to OmniShopper:
1) Embrace OmniChannel: Tony Mardegain, Director of Shopper Insights and Shelley Christianson, Sr. Manager of Shopper Insights at The Hershey Company will discuss shopper touch-points - how many, which ones and where to leverage.
2) Be Digital: Learn how to maximize retail opportunities in a digitally-enhanced future landscape with Jonathan MacDonald, Trends Expert and Founder of Thought Expansion Network.
3) Tell a Story: Participate in a Storytelling workshop led by Kristian Aloma and Suzanne Cheves from Brandtrust. This workshop will teach you how to engage and inspire and audience through the power of story.
4) Engage through Mobile: Learn how to engage your shoppers through mobile and digital with Art Sebastian, VP of Category Leadership & Shopper Insights at Kraft.
5) Put Influencers to Work: Eric Rasmussen, VP of Market Research at Groupon and Jon Berry, VP of Consumer Trends at GfK will talk about how important it is to understand today's highly influential consumers and how to put them to work for you.
6) Be Empathetic: Learn about the journey of building a powerhouse home brand within the walls of Target with Tisha Boarman, Group Manager of Owned Brand Strategy at Target.
A look at how Target is moving from having a transactional relationship to a more emotional connection with the guest through our brand, Threshold. We will dig into how we consistently and cohesively support this brand from Team structure, Product development, Marketing and Guest Insights.
7) Utilize Big Data: Hear lessons from the data and digital trenches on winning with your shoppers, suppliers and your own organization with Keith Colbourn, Former SVP Loyalty & Analytics at Safeway.
8) Follow Trends: David Tittensor, Category Director, Warburtons Limited will discuss shopping trends in the UK - answering the call of the omnichannel shopper through a dynamic category strategy.
9) Think Like a Millennial: Learn how to make purposeful connections with Millennials with Neil Howe, Best-selling Author of “Millennials Rising.”
10) Embrace Change: Scott Jeffrey, Chief Creative Officer and Lori Parrett, VP of Client Services at Interbrand Design Forum will talk about the “Seamless Model” – how important it is to evolve beyond one size fits all.
Download the brochure for the full agenda: http://bit.ly/1LgzXdB
Use code OMNI15BLOG for $100 off the current rate. Register today: http://bit.ly/1LgzXdB
See you in Chicago!
The OmniShopper Team