During last week's Marketing Analytics & Data Science conference, Emma Stevens-Smith, VP of Trends, Trendera, presented "Deciphering Generations X, Y and V."
In addition to providing an overview of the characteristics of Gen X, Y and V, Emma shared these macro trends:
- The Rating Game: Thanks to new rating systems, the traditional brand/consumer relationship is evolving from a one-way communication to a complex set of interactions.
- Work Hard for Their Money: Consumers want to feel as if their favorite brands are working towards fulfilling their needs. They also want to know exactly how they are achieving this.
- The Surprise Drop: Consumers have become accustomed to instant gratification. Brands need to adjust their release strategy form prolonged anticipation to an unannounced release.
- On Purpose: Brands need to let consumers know what their purpose is.
- New Perspectives: Brands must ask how retail, payment and presentation of a product can be adjusted to make people excited about what they are buying.
- More Real than Virtual: Consumers are increasingly eager to incorporate Virtual Reality into their lives.
- Context is King: Consumers are looking for information that is relevant for them in a precise moment and expect brands to do this for them when and where they need it most.
Watch for additional #MADSCONF follow-up stories!
Peggy L. Bieniek, ABC is an Accredited Business Communicator specializing in corporate communication best practices.
Connect with Peggy on LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, and on her website at www.starrybluebrilliance.com.